We continually strive to provide our patients with excellent medical and surgical care and remain committed to focus on both the needs of the pets and our clients. Our goal is to treat every patient and client with honesty, professionalism and compassion.
In an effort to provide quality care to our patients while minimizing the risk of transferring disease person-to-person, we are implementing the following changes:
For clients seeking an appointment/surgery for their pet:
- We will be scheduling only urgent or sick pet appointments.
- We will be shortening our hours and closing at 5pm.
- If you are unsure if your pet's need is urgent or sick, please call us to discuss or you can send us pictures or video via our email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No clients will be allowed inside the hospital to reduce disease spread.
- Call us when you arrive in the parking lot, and we will take a history over the phone and come to your car to admit or discharge your pet.
- Appointments can also be made as a "drop-off" on a case-by-case basis, but will still require you to call from the parking lot and have a staff member come to get your pet.
- For urgent and sick pet appointments, please wait in your car while your pet is examined and treated.
- Please remain available for consultation or additional treatment authorization by telephone. .
- For surgeries and extended medical cases, we will have you sign a consent form for permission to hospitalize your pet, and you need not stay in the parking lot. We will call when the procedures are complete to arrange a discharge time.
- All payments will need to be made by credit/debit card on the telephone. We will not accept cash or checks during this time to prevent spread of disease.
- Physical examination findings will be communicated via telephone, email or printed report cards.
For clients needing medication, preventives, or prescription food:
- Please do not enter the building.
- If you are able, call us in advance to ensure we have the product you need and so that we can prepare it before you arrive.
- Call us when you are in the parking lot, and we will bring your product to your car.
- All payments will need to be made by credit/debit card on the telephone. We will not accept cash or checks during this time.
For clients in the "Free Vaccines for Life" program:
- We are going to grant an extension to all Free Vaccines for Life patients that come due during our modified appointment schedule.
- When we are able to resume regular business hours and operation protocols, we will contact those in the program with further information.
We thank you in advance for your understanding during this unprecedented time. We hope to continue serving our great patients and clients in a way that helps protect public health and reduces the spread of disease. The above changes will be in effect until further notice. We will be re-evaluating our protocol on a daily basis to make the best decisions for our patients, clients, and staff safety.
Our hours are:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:30a-5:00p
Tuesday & Thursday 7:30a-5:00p
Open for doctors hours the last Saturday of the month from 9a-1p
Please browse our website to learn more about our Veterinary Hospital and the services we provide for companion animals in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas. Read information in our Pet Library, view videos and request appointments. Please call our office today at (616)538-2470 for all your pet health care needs.